Friday, February 24, 2012

Moving Day

I'm not quite sure what the exact moving day (X-day) is, but I learned for the first time a few nights ago that work start day is July 16.   So now when I tell my parents - which I still haven't done - I fear it's going to be like "yes, mom and dad, I'm moving out of the country, and it's happening in four months. Please don't have a heart attack."

I'm planning on going up tonight or tomorrow to deliver the news.  I really fear that it isn't going to go over well at all. I want them to process it for a week and then I'm going up again with my son and we will probably spend Tuesday till Sunday there.  I'd have to pull V out of school but if that's what has to be done that's what has to be done.  If I do that, his spring break is the following week, and I wouldn't mind shipping him off to grandma and grandpa (my wife's parents) for those five days so that the passing about of the grandchild seems fairer.

We're going to have to find time to visit relatives that we want to see before we leave, as much as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment